Calling all Nutella lovers!! We are absolutely obsessed with Nutella, and we love anything with it. This vanilla, strawberries and Nutella buttercream cake is soooo good and beautiful. It’s perfect for Mother’s Day!
–Vanilla box cake: choose your favorite box cake, and prepare the batter according to the instructions. Split the batter into two round 8″ cake pans, and follow the instructions to bake them.
–Strawberries: put them in a strainer and rinse with cold water. Remove the green stems and slice them in half (vertically).
–Nutella buttercream recipe: the original recipe is from Sugar & Sparrow.Jump to Recipe
Assemble the cake:
Once you have finished the Nutella buttercream, it’s time to assemble the cake. Level the vanilla cake, and add the butternut cream and strawberries.
Follow with another layer of the cake, butternut cream, and strawberries
Garnish with chocolate on top.
- 1 Cup 226g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 1/2 Cups 420g powdered sugar
- 1/2 Cup 150g Nutella
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp whole milk room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- Cream the butter on medium-high until it’s creamy and light in color, about 5 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar a few cups at a time, scraping down after each addition and making sure each cup is fully incorporated before adding the next one.
- Add the Nutella and beat on med-high for a full minute.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the vanilla, milk, and salt.
- Mix for another 1-2 minutes, scraping down the bowl and paddle as needed, until smooth and fully incorporated