This Mediterranean quinoa salad makes for a quick lunch or dinner, and it can be served as a side dish or enjoyed as a meal on its own. This salad also keeps well if you make it ahead of time, so it’s a great recipe for when you are entertaining, so you can prepare ahead of time
What’s in this salad?
- Quinoa – The protein-packed quinoa brings a nice texture and is the “heart” of this salad.
- Turmeric and curry – These two spices are easily accessible, packed with tons of flavor, and full of health benefits.
- Feta cheese – The feta’s creamy texture and salty taste will bring this salad to a whole new level.
- Black olives – You can skip it if you are not big on olives. We love it, so we always add it to this salad.
- Mint – In our opinion, mint is a MUST in this salad.
- Tomatoes and cucumbers – they will give a nice texture and crunch to the salad
- Olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Cook the quinoa ahead of time and let it cool completely before tossing the salad together.
- Adding the turmeric and curry to the water before you cook the quinoa will give that yellow tone to the dish.
- We prefer adding olive oil, salt, and pepper as the dressing, as the turmeric and quinoa will already give lots of flavor to this salad. If you prefer using a more elaborate sauce, you can use an Italian dressing.
Try this recipe and let us know what you think!!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
This Mediterranean quinoa salad makes for a quick lunch or dinner, and it can be served as a side dish or enjoyed as a meal on its own.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add the turmeric and curry in the water and cook quinoa according to package directions. The spices will give that yellow tone to the dish.
- Let the quinoa cool completely.
- Add feta cheese, black olives, mint, tomato, and cucumber.
- Add salt, pepper, and olive oil.