This is a great fall salad that you can serve as lunch or as a side dish. This salad comes together in less than 10 minutes and looks beautiful! It is loaded with the best fresh fall products: apples, pears, and arugula. It is the perfect combo of sweet and savory!!
The list of ingredients is very short! For the salad, you will need: Apples, Pears, Arugula, Goat Cheese, and Candied Walnuts. For the dressing: champagne vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Start by making the champagne vinaigrette. This has become one of our favorite salad dressings, and we make this to drizzle on most salads.
In a small bowl, add all the ingredients for the champagne vinaigrette and whisk together until smooth and well combined. In a larger bowl, toss the arugula with the dressing until well mixed. Place the arugula on the platter you will be serving and add the crumbled goat cheese and candied walnuts on top.
Next, cut the apples and pears vertically. You want to choose a crunchy apple that isn’t going to brown too quickly when sliced. We have picked Gala, which is extra-sweet, crisp, and juicy, but Cortland is also a great option. When it comes to apples that don’t brown easily, the Cortland is one of the best.
The pears, like the apples, also turn brown quickly after they are sliced and exposed to air. So after you slice the apples and pears, we recommend soaking them in a bowl of cold water and fresh lemon juice for about 3 minutes.
Layer the sliced apples and pears on top of the arugula, and voila, super easy!!
Apple and Pear Fall Salad
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 red pear, sliced
- 2 small apples, sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Candied walnuts (as much as you like!)
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the champagne vinaigrette ingredients and whisk together until smooth and well combined.
- In a larger bowl, toss the arugula with the dressing until well mixed. Place the arugula on the platter you will be serving.
- Top with the crumbled goat cheese, candied walnuts, and sliced apples and pears.