You READ this RIGHT… SKINNY Margarita, YAY!! It’s no secret that we love margaritas. Margaritas are refreshing, and a great summer drink. However, most margarita mixes have lots of corn syrup, liqueur, and sugar. In our opinion, the best margaritas are the ones that combine a good quality tequila with fruit juice, lime, and sparkling water. That’s it!!!Jump to Recipe
Drink stations are fun and keep entertaining easy for both the hostess and the guests. They give your guests the freedom to select their drinks and get refills whenever they want. The idea of creating a Margarita bar is perfect for the summertime.
As you get started, the first step is to plan where you will set up your margarita station. We used a bar cart; however, any table, countertop, or buffet works. For the décor, you won’t need much! The fruits and juice are colorful and will already be the star of the station. Besides offering slices of fruits to garnish the drinks, we also created a small fruit arrangement to add an extra décor touch. A beautiful flower arrangement goes well in any place, so we could not avoid adding some flowers to our station. Check out how we styled this arrangement.
How to set a Skinny Margarita Bar:
- When it comes to making the perfect margarita, a high-quality tequila offers the best flavor. The best tequila for margaritas includes reposado, blanco, and añejo tequila. Make sure to search for the ones that say 100% de agave. The brands labeled as “mixto” have been cut with an inferior natural cane spirit.
- Serve an assortment of fresh fruit juice. Our favorite choices are lime, grapefruit, and watermelon. But don’t be afraid of being creative with the fruits. Pineapple, Strawberry, and raspberry are some other great choices.
- Fresh fruit slices for garnishes. They will also serve as décor to the drink station.
- Don’t forget the pepper! In our opinion, spicy margaritas are the best. Our favorite is serrano pepper, but if you can’t find it, jalapeno is also a great option.
- Get plenty of ice!
- Water is key! Sparkling water works the best.
- Glasses or tumblers
- Provide sweetener or agave in case guests prefer to sweeten their drinks.
- Provide salt and sugar for coating the rims.
This is all you need at your margarita station. Your guests will love creating their own drinks and trying different flavors.
Skinny Margarita Recipe
- 1- ounce tequila
- Lots of ice
- 4 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
- Splash of sparkling water
- 3 slices of serrano pepper
- Optional: Salt to rim the glass
- Optional: Slice the center of a lime wedge and rub the wedge around the rim of your glass. Pour a layer of salt onto a small plate. Dip the glass into the salt.
- Add ice to your glass, tequila, lime juice, slices of serrano pepper, and sparkling water.
- Garnish with a lime slice
SHOP THIS POST