It’s no secret that we love using shortcuts to create a fun and delicious recipe! A homemade cake is certainly healthier (if you can call a cake a healthy thing, lol!), but you don’t have to do everything from scratch when you are busy.
Just a few little tricks and you can create this delicious cake out of a box! It is safer to say two boxes, lol! One box of French vanilla cake mix and one box of gingerbread man cookies.
It’s so easy to make and definitely a must-try!!
Gingerbread Man Cake
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 16 oz whipping cream
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- 1 box gingerbread man cookies about 8 cookies
- Mix the cake according to its baking instructions and add 1tsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp of ground ginger
- Pour the batter evenly into two 6-inch cake pans
- Bake according to its baking instructions
- Slowly beat the heavy whipping cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add the condensed milk and 1 tsp of cinnamon and ½ tsp of ground ginger.
- Continue to beat until the cream is very stiff and stands in firm peaks.
Assemble and decorate the cake
- Use a large serrated knife to level the cakes
- Place 1 cake layer on your cake stand, spread the Chantilly filling evenly on top.
- Top with 2nd cake layer and spread the Chantilly filling evenly on top
- Spread the Chantilly filling around the sides using an icing spatula, stick gingerbread man around the cake
- Decorate the top with mini gingerbread man.