Sweet Summertime can become even sweeter with this Blackberry and Vanilla cake. These two flavors come together to create a showstopper dessert, that will have your guests reaching for seconds. It’s so easy to make and looks stunning. Definitely a must-try!!
Blackberry and Vanilla Cake
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix
- 700 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 3 cups blackberry
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 box ladyfingers
- Mix the cake according to its baking instructions
- Pour the batter evenly into two 6-inch cake pans
- Bake according to its baking instructions
- Slowly beat the heavy whipping cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Continue to beat until the cream is very stiff and stands in firm peaks.
Assemble and decorate the cake
- Use a large serrated knife to level the cakes
- Place 1 cake layer on your cake stand, spread the Chantilly filling evenly on top, followed by a layer of blackberries
- Top with 2nd cake layer and spread the Chantilly filling evenly on top
- Spread the Chantilly filling around the sides using an icing spatula, stick the ladyfingers all around the cake
- Decorate the top with blackberries and a few mint leaves